Weinberg Next Nuclear is recruiting for a Paid Intern to work with us in 2016
Job Title: Assistant Technology Officer (Intern) for Weinberg Next Nuclear
Time: Up to 3 months part time internship available between April and September 2016
How to apply: Send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 19th November 2015
Weinberg Next Nuclear is the UKs only pro-nuclear charity, raising awareness of the potential of advanced nuclear power and working to see that potential realised. The company is offering an exciting paid internship opportunity, gaining experience at the forefront of the nuclear industry and furthering this solution to many future problems.
Your role would be to assist the Technology Officer in researching the progress of nuclear power technologies around the world. Specifically, you will be focusing on nuclear developments in Asia, including the exciting work occurring in India and China. You will have the opportunity to research a wide array of exciting and innovative reactor designs as well as developments in the industry. This role also offers flexibility and the chance for you to pursue your own interests and produce your own projects on the nuclear power industry.
Your responsibilities will be to use your knowledge and research to advise Weinberg Next Nuclear and inform and contribute to publications and blogs. The company also holds and attends numerous events and conferences throughout the year, which you will have the opportunity of attending to further your knowledge and network.
- Undergraduate degree (at least 2 years completed) – science or engineering related subject.
- Some prior knowledge of nuclear power developments in Asia.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to give presentations and write written reports of a high standard.
- Skilled at researching a wide array of subject areas.
- Enthusiastic individual who is a good team player but also very capable of independent working.
- Able to manage your own time and meet deadlines.
- No prior industrial experience is needed – this position would suit an enthusiastic undergraduate or new graduate.